Don’t just sit there in a funk. The media news may be gloomy but you don’t have to succumb. Be proactive. Here are a few One-A-Day Marketing Vitamins from my white paper on the subject.
- Make a list of the 20 people who have most helped your business succeed and take them to lunch over the next month.
- Send a handwritten note to your best customers, thanking them for the part they have played in your success.
- Develop a marketing calendar that lists all of your planned marketing activities for the year in these categories: Direct Mail, Networking, Public Relations, Advertising, New Products & Services, Marketing Communications Material.
- Give a speech. If you need help with your presentation skills, take a course from my friend, Ty Boyd, who is the best in the business.
- Hold a monthly session with employees to discuss marketing and sales ideas. Your field people are in touch with customers, who often have the best new ideas for you.
There are 45 more ideas in One-A-Day Marketing Vitamins.